Tandoori Pomfret is a very tasty fish recipe and it ’s a seawater fish. And you can find it in every local fish market in Maharashtra. Pomfret fish is easily available in other parts of India also. So, I am using This fish. This Fish Tandoori is not hot or super spicy. But at the same time, it has a great smoky flavor. If you don’t find Pomfret fish at your nearby fish market, DON’T WORRY!!!! You can make this with any fish of your choice with the help of my recipe. The sweet and sour Grilled Pomfret (Pomfret Tandoori) always tastes good and grilled with Indian spices make the recipe more simple and mouth-watering. Must try this recipe if you are a fish lover.
What is Tandoori?
Many people heard this word Tandori many times. But Maybe some of them are don’t know about it. Actually, Tandoori is an Indian version of “BBQ”. The place where Indian BBQ is done actually called Tandoor. And the ingredients cooked inside it are called Tandoori.Though I did my pomfret fish in a gas flame, not in Tandoor. But I name it Tandoori because It just tastes the same. It’s just an Instant way to chard/grilled your fish to get the Tandoori/BBQ dark spot effect and the smokey flavor also. So I named the recipe Tandoori Pomfret.
Why do I make this Tandoori Pomfret Recipe?
I tasted the dish many times in many restaurants in Maharashtra and found all are delicious but taste same. And the spices they use in their dishes are simple and easily available in the kitchen pantry. As my Hubby and son both are fish lover they told me to try the recipe at home. I made the recipe in my own way to follow the past Tandoori pomfret taste which I experienced in restaurants. And luckily I got success in my first cooking attempt. My son and Hubby also told me the pomfret taste just the same as they took before. Then I decided to share the recipe with you too. So you can also make the recipe at home and enjoy the taste of tandoor.
If You Like this Tandoori Pomfret Recipe or if you want to share your thoughts about cooking, please COMMENT ME IN THE COMMENT BOX down below.
Or anyone wants to Join my Blog Through Socal networks Contact at Facebook, Google+. Instagram, Twitter
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 Big Pomfret
- 1 Tbsp White Oil
- 1 Tbsp Ginger root paste
- 1 Tbsp Garlic paste
- 1 Tsp White vinegar
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper powder
- 2 Tsp Cornflour
- 1 Tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Make a marination for fish with salt1/2 teaspoon, black pepper, lemon juice and white vinegar. Keep the marinated Fish in the fridge for at least twenty minutes.
- Mix the marinated Fish with Garam masala powder, Ginger root paste, Garlic paste, white oil, corn flour and salt 1/2 teaspoon.
- If using a microwave oven, preheat the oven to 180ºC for 10 minutes on grill mode and grill the fish for 10 minutes, Then Check the fish and turn on to other side and again grill the fish for another 5 minutes.
- If using the gas oven, brush oil on roti grill or tandoori grill then make it hot for at least 5 minutes, then put fish on it and grill the fish for 5 minutes on the slow or medium flame. Grill the fish both side for total ten minutes.
- When the fish is cooked properly the dish is ready. Serve the fish with onion rings and lemon wedges, and enjoy this simple easy grilled fish with a nun or garlic bread.
To know the recipe for
Masgouf Restaurant style Iraqi Grilled fish
DO YOU LIKE THIS TANDOORI POMFRET RECIPE WITH TUNA FISH? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT BOX.