It’s a chicken momo recipe. Though it’s a Chinese recipe nowadays it’s a very popular dish all over the world. Even in India, it’s a very well known dish. And you can easily get this soo popular dumpling in five-star resturants to street vendor shops. Both versions of the dish like veg and non-veg are very famous in India and more or less every Indian familiar with its delicious taste and interesting looks. The shapes of the momo dumplings are so unique. Though all we know Chinese dumplings can cook in many shapes but the momo has its own typical shapes. We all know about only Chinese dumplings recipe only. But do you know Many Asian countries have their own traditional dumplings recipe? Maybe those are not so popular like chines dumplings but those are equally tasty and so healthy.
Is The The MoMo dish is Unhealthy?
I read many articles and find many people are blaming Momos as an unhealthy dish. But there are two Sides of the same dish. You have to understand it first then only you can decide whether it is an unhealthy or a healthy recipe. The first side is if you make a Momo dish at your home only then obviously it will be a quality food and no DOUGHT it will be the healthiest dish.
BUT if you buy the same dish from a street vendor or local resturants then obviously the ingredients inside it may be poor if you don’t know how it’s made. Maybe it can be too tasty than what you make at home but the ingredients will be less healthy than what you use in it at home very sure. So The conclusion is simple; you only have to make it at home if you are health conscious and want to eat only healthy food.
Can This Chicken Momo Recipe make with wheat flour?
Typically or traditionally momos can be made only with white refines flour only. But if you want a bit more healthy version of momos then you can easily make this yummy snack with wheat flour. The taste will be more or less same. Many times I make this with wheat flour and I never realize any taste difference. Even you can make it healthier with whole wheat and oats flour mix. Make dumplings dough with an equal portion of oats flour and wheat flour and make momos out of it. I am sure you will try it. Taste wise there is no difference but health wise great and get 100 % of goodness from the dish.
PLEASE SHARE YOUR VALUABLE THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS ABOUT THIS CHICKEN MOMO RECIPE IN THE COMMENT BOX SO THAT I CAN UNDERSTAND YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT IT. AND SHARE THIS RECIPE IN THE SOCIAL NETWORKS IF YOU LIKE THE RECIPE Facebook, Google+. Instagram, Twitter IF YOU LIKE IT.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 100 Grams Fresh chicken pieces without bone
- 8 Cloves of Fresh Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Finely chopped scallions
- 1/2 Cup Fineley chopped carrot
- 1 Tsp Black pepper powder/Ground Black pepper
- 1 Tsp Dark Soy sauce
- 1 Tsp Salt Or salt as per your taste.
- TO MAKE THE MOMO DUMPLING DOUGH NEED
- 1 Cup of white refined flour( Maida) or wheat flour
- 1 Tsp Any vegetable oil
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1/2 Cup Warm Water
- For Steaming
- 1 Set of Bamboo steamer or any Kind of steamer you have
- Take a big bowl put all the flour, oil and salt. Mix well and then add warm water little by little with the help of a spoon. and knead the dough slowly. Knead a tight dough for momo recipe. very soft momo is not required for a momo recipe.
- Now take food processor put all the chicken pieces, pepper powder and garlic cloves to it. Mix well and make a Fine chicken mince for the momo recipe. When chicken mince is ready, put all the other ingredient into the chicken mince and even the salt into it. Mix well and keep the mixture aside.
- Now make small round shape flatbread with the kneaded dough and now put a small ball of chicken mince mixture in the middle of the flatbread and make any dumpling shape you like.
- In between time take soup pot put 2 cups of water into it and place a steamer into it. Make the pot hot and make some steam inside the pot. When you see enough steam is ready to place a plate of raw momos into the steamer. Cover the steamer just for 10 minutes and cook momos over the low heat. After 10 minutes chicken will be properly cooked and now you can serve this with my spicy Momo sauce or any sauce or chutney you like.
6 thoughts on “Chicken Momo Recipe Easy to make Healthy Chicken Dumplings Recipe”
One can learn something new here everyday. Im a regular for most of those blogs, but still didnt know about a couple of them. Pammi Salvidor Oballa
Thanks for the blog. Much thanks again. Really Cool. Tasia Leonhard Lange
Wonderful post! We will be linking to this great article on our website. Keep up the great writing. Jorie Jed Creamer
Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Nelia Briano Bel
The advice is very fascinating.