Chicken Adobo Recipe is the easiest chicken dish I have ever made. You can’t believe how much it is easy to make. As the recipe is so easy to make I would recommend it to those who are just have started to cook or a bachelor and always lazy to cook good and tasty food. If you have a friend or family member like this must suggest this recipe. I am sure if he/she cooks this recipe, will fall in love to cook food and will enjoy it too. This recipe belongs to the Philippines. The flavours of the dish are so good and intense, and much better with steamed rice only.
What is the Filipino chicken adobo recipe?
Chicken adobo is a sweet and sour flavour vinegared chicken dish. Usually, the colour of the dish is dark brown. And anyone can identify the dish by its looks and salty vinegary sauce. It is one of the most popular chicken dishes in the Philippines. The most and unique part of the dish is the dry bay leaves used with soy sauce in the dish. I never tried this kind of recipe before. The combination of two different strong flavoured ingredients in one dish is making the dish different from other chicken dishes.
YOU CAN ALSO CHECK OUR OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES IN THE CHICKEN CATEGORY CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE
Is the sauce should be thick in Filipino Chicken Adobo dish?
Yes, The sauce of the dish should be a little thicker than other or regular chicken dishes. I find to make the sauce thick is quite difficult. Because the Ingredients used in the dish either as the sauce or in liquid form only. So I made the sauce with a trick which is very easy. In Chinese recipe, they usually thick their curry sauces with help of cornstarch. I applied the same method here and got a very good texture of Chicken adobo sauce. My suggestion is if you are struggling with the same with your “CHICKEN ADOBO RECIPE” sauce must use this trick. And I hope the trick will be same helpful as it did with me.
I LIKE TO THANK MY ALL BLOG VISITORS. HOPE MY ALL RECIPES ARE MORE NOLAGEBALE AND HELPFUL TO YOU. IF YES, THEN PLEASE LEAVE YOUR VALUABLE THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS RECIPE IN THE COMMENT BOX. AND SHARE THIS RECIPE IN THE SOCIAL NETWORKS Facebook, Google+. Instagram, Twitter
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 500 Grams Chicken legs with Thai whole pieces Or small pieces
- 3 Whole Bay leaves
- 4 Tbsp Dark Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lite soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp White vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Garlic cloves crushed or chopped
- 1 Tbsp Finely chopped scallions
- 1 Tsp Black pepper crushed or ground
- 1 Tsp Cornstarch Mixed with little water
- ! Tbsp Any vegetable oil you like
- Take a frying pan put oil into it.
- Make oil hot enough now high the oven flame and very quickly add Chicken pieces and chopped garlic, chopped scallions into it. Sautee Chicken pieces and garlic, chopped scallions/Spring onions for 10 seconds. seconds over the high flame.
- After 10 seconds add all the other ingredients Into the pan mix well and low the flame in this stage and cover the pan with a lif dor 10 Minutes
- Just after 10 Minutes open the lid of the pot add cornstarch water to the pan and in the same flame thicker the sauce, Not more than that.10 second is enough to thicken the sauce.
- After 10 seconds you will see the sauce is getting thicker now serve this delicious chicken dish hot and enjoy with your own way.