Fish Cutlet Or fish croquette recipe is very easy to make using leftover. I am making this recipe in Indian style because it’s a comfort food for us and easy to make. I used sweet water or river fish meat in this recipe. I learned this recipe from my mom. She used to make this recipe as a Sunday snack. I remember when I was a kid I love to eat this and I always request my Mom to make for me and my sisters. She always accepts my request as the ingredients needed for this recipe are inexpensive and easily available at home. As fish cutlet is easy to make so it can be a great option for a party snack or quick evening snack also
When Can You make Fish Croquette Recipe?
You just don’t have to buy expensive fish fillet or frozen fish to make this recipe. THIS DISH YOU CAN MAKE WITH LEFTOVER FISH OR UNWANTED FISH FILLET PORTIONS. Just you need some boiled potatoes which will work as a binding agent. I saw my mom to use leftover Fish pieces. She uses the fish pieces those are not in perfect shapes to make curry. You can do the same or if you want to make the dish for any party then you can buy some fresh fish fillets to make the recipe. Or you can use any frozen fish fillets of your choice.
Can I use Sea or Saltwater Fish for This Recipe?
YES, YOU CAN USE SEA FISH FOR THIS RECIPE. I will recommend you to use Revier/Sweetwater fish fillets whether it’s fresh or frozen. River fish tastes good with potatoes in this recipe. But if you do not find any sweetwater or river fish near you, then you can use sea/saltwater fish for the recipe. But then you must marinate the fish a day before with lime/lemon juice and crushed black pepper to remove the sea fish’s awful smells.
My valuable visitors if you like this recipe you are free to comment in the COMMENT BOX down below. Or You can follow us on Our social network sites Facebook, Google+. Instagram, Twitter
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 200 Grams Boiled Rohu Fish Deboned-smashed
- 100 Grams Boiled mashed potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Chopped
- 4 Tbsp Chopped Peanuts
- 5 Tbsp Desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbsp Deseeded green chillies chopped
- 1 Large Deseeded green chillies chopped
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro Leaf finely chopped coriander Leaf
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili Powder sweet paprika powder
- 4 Tbsp Bengalgramflour Besan Atta
- 1 Tsp Bengali Garam masala
- 1 Cup full All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Chat masala
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 2 Cup Vegetable Oil Deep Fry
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- Put 2 Tblsp oil into a hot wok/kadai and heat it.
- Make the oil hot enough and add onion to fry until onion colour change to light brown.
- Then add Chopped ginger and garlic, finely chopped peanuts.
- Also add desiccated coconut and all the dry spices like turmeric powder, black pepper powder, red chilli powder (sweet paprika powder), Bengal gram flour(Besan Atta), Bengali garam masala mix all well and fry for 5mins.
- Now Add Boiled Rohu Fish, Boiled smashed potatoes, Deseeded green chillies chopped and Cilantro Leaf (coriander Leaf).Mix them well and fry for another 5 mins.
- Make the mixture cool for few mins then make a patty from the mixture.
- Refrigerate all the fish Patty for at least for1/2 an hour.
- After ½ an hour Dip all the patties one by one into All Purpose Flour/Maida first Then into bitten egg then coat it with breadcrumbs
- Now Put 2 cups of oil into the hot big kadai or frying pan.
- Then heat the oil enough before start frying.
- After then deep fry all the fish patty for few mins or until they change their colour to golden brown.
- While all the Fish patties are fried sprinkle chat masala from the top of all Fish patties.
- Serve this dish with onion rings, lemon wedges, Salad and any sauce/chatni you like.
Bengali garam masala for fish cutlet – 4 Green cardamom pods, 1/2 cinnamon stick, 4 cloves grinds them finely like a smooth powder. Now your Bengali garam masala is ready to use.
At a time only 4 Fish patty deep fry to cook them well.
To know the recipe for
Cheese stuffed mushroom Recipe Easy
DO YOU LIKE THIS FISH CROQUETTE RECIPE? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT BOX