Mujadara Recipe is a traditional Middle Eastern recipe especially from Lebanon which is made with rice, lentils and lots of deep fried crispy onions. The Lebanese version is a little bit a different from other middle eastern parts as they use rose water which gives a beautiful aroma to the dish. Many people may astonish by the fact that how the simple rice and lentil only can make a signature dish like “Mujadara”. Seeing its key ingredients there is no doubt that these are cheap and easily available in the market.
Actually, this is considered as the food for common people in the Middle East. The Christians in Lebanon known as Copts are very fond of this veg dish and they consume it during their fasting. The simple ingredients and its popularity attracted me to make this dish at home. Therefore quickly I have arranged the ingredients and started preparing the dish which is healthy too.
YOU MAY LIKE ANOTHER RECIPE Pulao Rice with Rose saffron flavour TO KNOW THE RECIPE CLICK HERE
What are the different names of Mujadara Recipe?
This Recipe is so easy and simple but tastes great. Also in many Gulf countries, they called this dish “Moujadara“, “Mudardara” or “Megadarra“.
This is a very nutritious dish because it has rice and lentil both. This is a protein packed Nutritious Rice dish. So, this is a very good full meal option for any working person, Bachelor, Kids, vegans or any ones. So must try this recipe in This Summer when you are in too Hurry.
How Healthy is The Recipe “Mujadara Lentil Pulav“
It’s really a good healthy meal for all. To make The dish “Mujadara” used common Simple and spices. I spiced the dish with pepper and salt only. Then what makes this dish yummy?? Hope you can guess it; yes the tons of fried golden brown onions are used in the dish which adds the flavour to the dish. There are a variety of lentils available in the market. But I prefer the whole red lentil which is healthy as well as easily available in the all grocery shop. Next to choose the appropriate rice for the dish. Rice plays a very important role in the daily life of people mostly in the Asian countries. Its prepared almost every day for a meal as well as on all the festivals, ceremonies. Hence it’s not hard to find rice in the market but I suggest for long grain aged rice for this dish. And the end ingredient is a good quality rose water. You can go to your favourite one. This will give this simple comfort food a royal touch
If You have any Recipe Request Or any suggestion Please let me know in the comment box.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 Cups Long Grain Basmati Rice
- 1/2 Cups Whole Red Lentil
- 1 Big Onion chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp Ghee/Clarified butter
- 1-2 Piece Bay leaves
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 2-3 Cups Hot Water
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Suger or sugar as per your taste
- Wash gently the rice and soak for At last 30 mins in cold water before cooking then drain all water from basmati rice.It really makes a big difference in texture and will enhance the taste of the rice dish.
- Wash gently the whole lentil and soak for at last 15 to 20 mins in cold water before cooking so that the lintel will cook fast with the rice.
- Take a big soup Pot.
- Make the pot hot enough.
- Put 2-3 Tsp Ghee or Clarified butter into the pot make it hot too.
- Then put slice onion 2 bay leaves into the pot and fry the onion for 5 mins or until the onion turns into lite golden colour.
- When the onions are done add Ground Cumin, Ground Nutmeg, salt and sugar into the pot and fry for 2-3 mins.
- Just after 2-3 mins add soaked Basmati rice and whole red lentil int the pot.
- Mix all the ingredients very well.
- Then after adding Hot water to the Pot mix well with rice and spices.
- Now cover the pot with a lid for 10 to 20 mins.
- Always check between if the rice is done turn off the flame before the mentioned time.Because every Basmati rice has different cooking time so it is difficult to mention the cooking time of basmati rice you will use.
- When the rice is done serve this on a plate decorated with Deep fried thin onion slices/Barista onion
To know the recipe for
Pulao Rice with Rose saffron flavour an authentic Persian Recipe
My valuable visitors, you can follow my website recipes and updates also on many social networks like Facebook, Google+. Instagram, Twitter
DO YOU LIKE THIS MUJADARA A LENTIL RICE RECIPE? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT BOX