Ilish Manch or Hilsa fish recipe with mustard paste is all Bengalese favorite dish. All Bengalese love this Hilsa fish recipe most. This fish is an easily available fish in monsoon season only. But nowadays frozen Hilsa is easily available in all over the world as well as in India. The Best quality Hilsa fish you can find in your nearby Bangladeshi shops. This fish is quite expensive but the taste of this fish is worthy of its cost. Ilish Mach is well known to others as Hilsa fish. Hilsa Fish a comfort food to all Bengalese. Many people cook the fish in many different ways but most popular of them is the Sorshe Diye Ilish Mach or Hilsa in mustard gravy. Or can say this is one of the well-known recipes of this fish. I see always my mother to cook the fish in the same way as before.
WHY BENGALESE LOVES HILSA FISH AND LOVE TO COOK HILSA FISH RECIPE?
If you ask any Bengali, he/she will tell you that its a must try Bengali dish. If you never tried Hilsa fish before you will not understand why actually Bengalese love Hilsa fish more than any other fish. This is not only love for a food, I believe it’s their respect for a rare fish. Bengalese cook Hilsa in many ways, but one thing you will get in any Hilsa fish recipe cooked by Bengalese is they always cook Hilsa fish from their heart and respect.
But some believe Bengalese cook Hilsa fish with so carefully because it’s expensive than other fish. Though this fish is expensive nowadays but was not expensive even last 10 years. We respect the fish because it’s rare to find in Just any season. This fish is available in the monsoon season only. In other seasons, you will never get any fresh Hilsa fish at the fish market.
Nowadays cold storage Hilsa fish available for the whole year but you will never get the best taste of Hilsa fish from a frozen Hilsa fish. So you must try this tasty fish at least once in your lifetime. I hope you will not disappointed by its taste.
If You have any Recipe Request Or any suggestion Please let me know in the comment box. I will surely help you.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 500 Grams Hilsa fish/ Ilish Mach 5 piece
- 1 Tsp Onion Seed/Nigella Seed/Kalonji/magrel optional
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili Powder sweet paprika powder
- 2 Tsp Slit Green Chili Deseeded
- 4 Tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- Rub all the fish pieces with 1/2 Tsp. salt and 1/2 Tsp. Turmeric before frying.
- Put a wok or kadai on the Gas flame.
- Make it hot then put 3Tblsp oil in it and heat the oil too.
- When the oil is Hot enough Put all the Fishes into it and fry on both sides.
- After frying all the fish pieces take out all from the oil.
- Now Temper the Nigella Seeds first in rest of the oil.
- Then put 1 cup hot water and strained Black Mustard Seed paste, Red Chili Powder, Turmeric powder, Slit Green Chili and salt.
- now boil the sauce for a while then put all the fish pieces very carefully into the mixture.
- Then cover the Wok with a lid and cook for 10 minutes maximum.
- After 10 Minutes open the lid and pour 1 Tbsp of raw Mustard oil over the gravy and turn of the gas flame.
- now Hilsa Fish recipe with Mustard Gravy (Sorshe Ilish) is ready to serve.
- Serve this Dish with steamed White rice.
Masala paste for this Hilsa fish recipe-Always soaked Black Mustard Seed in lukewarm water and with a pinch of salt and 1 Deseeded green chills before making a paste. Then it will be smooth in texture. Strain the paste with a sieve always The Black Mustard Seed paste before cooking.
To know the recipe for
Steam fish recipe with coconut paste
My valuable visitors, you can follow my website recipes and updates also on many social networks like Facebook, Google+. Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter
DO YOU LIKE THIS HILSHA FISH RECIPE BENGALIS ALL TIME FAVOURITE SORSHE ILISH? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT BOX
1 thought on “Hilsa fish recipe Bengalis all time favourite Sorshe ilish”
My brother suggested I might like this website. He was entirely right. This post actually made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!