Mole Chicken or Poblano con Polo is a very easy chicken mole recipe with chocolate. This is a traditional Chicken Recipe of Mexico. “Mole Poblano” is SO POPULAR in the mountain city of Puebla, Mexico. This is a simply amazing Mexican recipe. The Dark spicy Chocolate infused sauce with chicken makes this recipe tastes great.
Try this wonderful recipe in your kitchen and I am sure your family will like this dish.
The invention of ‘Mexican Mole‘
They use the word “Mole” is actually the common English word ‘sauce’. The Mexican mole can be different in colours like Dark Red, Yellow or Green. The sauce colours and Names change by the uses of Ingredients. ‘Mole’ sauce can be made with fruits, Nuts, chilli peppers, black peppers, cinnamon, cumin and Pure chocolates.
This Mole recipe belongs to the village Puebla Mexico. But at the same time the other village of Mexico Oaxaca claiming the Mole Was invented by there ancestors. So it’s believed that the mole recipe is originated or invented by the influence of those two villages. Other villages of Mexico makes so many types of Mole recipes.
Story Behind this Easy Chicken Mole Recipe?
Though other Mexican villages are making so many types of Mole Recipes. But the Mole Poblano is the Classic Mole Dish of them. Nowadays this extremely delicious dish is not only popular in Mexico but also outside Mexico. It is also Very famous as a very unique chocolate chicken Towards other countries. This recipe has a strong Influence of African and European cuisines.
From the famous rumours story, We get to know that in the early in the colonial period a common legend in both countries (Africa and Europe) created it at the convent of Santa Rosa in the Pubela village. One day when the convent nuns heard that the Arch Bishop is coming for a visit they become worried. Because they were poor and had nothing to offer. Even they had no money to buy any ingredients for cooking except few natural ingredients Like few dried chilli peppers, Some spices and dark chocolates were only available with them. The only meat source was available to them is turkey or chicken. One day they decided to cook the turkey meat along with the ingredients they have.
After cooking they served the dish first to the priest. He surprised when he tastes The dish. And he asked someone the name of the dish. One of the nuns replied to him that they prepared a “MOLE” dish for him. This is how the dish named ‘The Mole’.
(All the information above are collected from Wikipedia)
If you have any Recipe Request or any suggestion Please let me know in the comment box.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 Piece Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Cup Grated unsweetened Dark chocolate
- 2 Tbsp White Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Whole black peppercorn
- 1/2 Tsp Whole Cumin seeds
- 1/2 Tsp whole coriander seeds
- 1 Tsp whole Almond
- 1 Tsp Sesame seed
- 1 Tsp Peanut
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 Whole Cloves
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Whole Mexican chilli
- 2 Pinch Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Pinch Ground Mace
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Water if require
- Take a Pan, Wok/ Kadai.
- Turn on gas flame and Heat the Wok/kadai.
- Now dry roast all the spices with a garlic clove and grind them and make a paste with water, nutmeg and mace.
- Dry roast Mexican chillies and soak them in water and make a paste.
- Now grilled the chicken with salt and pepper and keep it aside until it cools down.
- Put oil in the wok or kadai and put opinion into it and fry the onion until it translucent.
- After that add all the spice paste, chilli pastes into it and fry for 5 minis.add water if required.
- Add salt to the sauce.
- After adding Grated unsweetened Dark chocolate into the sauce and mix it well and quickly turn off the gas.
- Cut the grilled chicken breast into pieces and place it in a serving dish.
- Put the sauce on the chicken and serve this dish with plain white Rice or Corn Tortilla.
Make fresh spice paste just before cooking so that you will get the real taste of Mole Poblano con Pollo or Chicken in chocolate sauce.
Enjoy this wonderful recipe with your friends and family.
To Know about The Recipe for
Butter chicken curry recipe Indian style
My valuable visitors, you can follow my website recipes and updates also on many social networks like Facebook, Google+. Instagram, Tumblr