Yardlong bean sabzi/curry recipe is an easy vegetable curry of LongBean. In India, every community has their own recipe to make this veg curry. I only know how my mother used to cook this vegetable in a simple way. So I decided to share my mother’s simple and easy veg recipe with you all.
The Health Benefits of Yardlong Bean and Why You Must Eat this?
Maybe You noticed this vegetable many times in your local markets as well as in the super marks. But cant recognizes the vegetable right??? Many people call this vegetable As Snake Beans. Because of its long length. Other people call this vegetable as Chinese long bean. All are the same vegetable just the names are different from each other. If you never tried this, my recommendation is must try it. It tastes just like French beans. And you can make many French bean recipes with this Bean. This vegetable has so many health benefits also, like…
- This vegetable is full of nutrition and very low in calorie. You can eat this veggie in your everyday diet.
- This veggie contains a very good amount of Vitamin C.
- The veggie also contains vitamin A.
- It has also Iron, calcium, manganese, magnesium, and copper.
- Very good for pregnant ladies. It helps to the Brain development of newborn baby’s.
I also used pumpkin in this recipe. The pumpkin makes the dish more delicious. We all know the health benefits of pumpkins. Pumpkin has many vitamins which are good for our health. May be you don’t like the yardlong Bean and Pumpkin veggie combination. But I would say must try this. At least for your kid. My son’s doctor told me both veggies are good for grow up kids. So I made this recipe many times, especially in summer. very good for growing up kids. So must try this recipe for your kids and also this recipe is good for summer.
A BENGALI 5 SPICE MIX I USED IN THIS RECIPE. TO KNOW THE 5 SPICE MIX RECIPE SEE IN THE RECIPE BOX DOWN BELOW.
If You WANT TO KNOW my other VAGITARIAN RECIPES must CLICK HERE
Whenever you Try this Recipe let me know in the comment box your experience with my Yardlong bean veg curry Recipe. I would glad to see your valuable comments
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 Cup Asparagus Bean, Pea Bean, Snake Bean, or Chinese Long Bean Chopped cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1/2 Cup Diced potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Diced pumpkin (Winter Squash)
- 1/2 Cup White Radish (Daikon)
- 1/2 Tsp Punch Foron (A Bengali 5 Whole Spice Mixed)
- 1 Whole Dry Red Chilli Whole
- 2 Chopped Green Chili slit (Deseeded)
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili Powder (Sweet paprika powder)
- 1 Pinch Suger
- 1 Tsp Salt or as per your taste
- 2 Tsp Mustard Oil Or any oil your choice
- 1 Cup Water
- Take a wok/Kadai.
- Put it on the Gas flame and make it hot.
- Then put 2Tblsp oil on it and heat the oil in very high gas flame.
- When the oil is hot enough Temper punch Foron and Dry Red Chilli Whole.
- Then quickly add all the vegetables to the Wok.
- Fry all the vegetables for at least 5 minutes with Turmeric powder, Red Chili Powder, Salt, Sugar.
- After 5 minutes add water to curry and cover the wok with a lid for 10 minutes and low the gas flame.
- After 10 Minutes open the lid and off the gas flame.
- Now our Bean Curry Is ready to serve.
- Serve this Dish with Steamed White Rice or Chapatti or Roti (Flat Bread).
Punch Foron (A Bengali 5 Whole Spice Mixe) -Black Mustard Seed whole 1/2 Tsp., Onion Seed/Nigella Seed/Kalonji/magrel whole 1/2 Tsp., Thymol seeds( ajwain)seeds whole 1/2 Tsp., Cumin seeds whole 1/2 Tsp., Fennel seeds whole 1/2 Tsp. mix all spices well.
Now your own Punch Foron is ready to Use.
To Know about The Recipe for
Stir fry eggplant Recipe
My valuable visitors, you can follow my website recipes and updates also on many social networks like Facebook, Google+. Instagram,
DO YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT BOX