Indian lamb curry has many variations. This is is one of the easy simple lamb curry recipes I ever made. This recipe common in Indian Non-veg restaurants menu list. I learned this recipe on my own. Actually, it’s too simple. I believe everyone can make this recipe in their own way no doubt. The woody flavor of ginger makes this dish more aromatic. The flavor of Ginger (adrak) goes perfectly with lamb or goat meat.
What is “ADRAKWALI GOSHT”?
In India, we called GINGER as Adrak. which is commonly available in almost every Indian markets as well as grocery shops. Ginger and Garlic is the key ingredient used in most Indian curries. Both go well with meat dishes. But if you use one of them, that also tastes good with meat. Taste of garlic is stronger than ginger but many people believe ginger has more strong flavor than garlic which is wrong. So I always use garlic more than ginger to make the meat taste more interesting. But in this recipe, I used Ginger more than any ingredients to get the gingery flavor. Because this recipe name is Ginger lamb or Adraki Mutton/goat meat. Therefore this recipe has two key ingredients, one is Mutton and another is Ginger.
can you make this simple lamb curry recipe with other meats?
Yes, you can make the same recipe with Beef or chicken meat also. In that case, this will be no more Adrakwali mutton and the taste also will be different. I preferred red meat as it goes perfect with the recipe. But if you want to make the dish lighter or if you have any issues with red meat you can try with chicken.
If You have any Recipe Request Or any suggestion Please let me know in the comment box. I will surely help you.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 Kg Lamb
- 1 Big chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp Finely chopped ginger
- 1 Tbsp Finely chopped Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Tomato puree
- 1 Tsp Coriander seeds powder
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp Red chilli powder (Sweet Paprika)
- 1 Tsp Deseeded green chilli chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Garam masala powder
- 2 Tbsp Any vegetable oil you like
- 2 Cups Hot Water
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Pinch Suger or sugar as per your taste
- Place a wok/kadai on gas flame…
- Put oil on it and heat.
- Add the lamb first into the frying pan and sauté the meat well on high flame for 2 minutes to sear the juices of the lamb. After sauté take out mutton and keep in a separate bowl.
- Put Onion Chopped into the wok/kadai and fry till onions turn soft and translucent.
- Then add Red chilli powder (Sweet Paprika) fry 2 sec
- Then add Tomato paste and fry well until the raw smell of tomato goes.
- Now add Ginger Chopped, Garlic Chopped, Coriander seeds powder, Black pepper powder, Turmeric powder, Garam masala powder.
- All the spices Cook for 4 minutes or till oil starts separate from the spices.
- Now Add lamb and mix all the spices with lamb.
- Then add 1 cup hot water and covered the wok/Kadai with a lid.
- Now cook the lamb for 40 minutes or until the lamb becomes tender and Soft.
- When Mutton cooked properly add 1/2 Tbsp salt or add salt as per your taste and turn off the gas flame.
- Garnish with Red chillis and Ginger juliennes.
- Now Ginger lamb Curry (Adrakwali Gosht) is ready to serve.
- Serve this Dish with Garlic Nun or Roomali Roti or Chapatti.
When cooking lamb always add salt at the end so can mutton is cooked properly.
It will make the Mutton softer and Tender.
Garam masala powder for this Indian lamb curry-Take 1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon powder, Green cardamom powder 1/4Tesp, Clove Powder 1/4 Tsp. and 1/4 Tsp. Nutmeg powder mixes well all.
Now Garam Masala Powder is ready for use.
To Know about The Recipe of
Black pepper lamb stew
My valuable visitors, you can follow my website recipes and updates also on many social networks like Facebook, Google+. Instagram, Tumblr
DO YOU LIKE THIS SIMPLE INDIAN LAMB CURRY RECIPE/ADRAKWALI GOSHT RECIPE? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT BOX