Indians cook so many varieties of curry dishes. It can be a veg curry dish or a non-veg curry dish. But as a hardcore nonvegetarian, I love non-veg curry dish. I believe all non-vegetarians love goat meat or beef most rather than chicken. Maby many are Pork meat lover. But one thing is common among us all, we all are the meat lovers. I stay in Maharashtra and here you can find many authentic Maharashtrian restaurants just a few steps from your door. And they sale tasty Maharashtrian veg and nonveg dishes. First time I tasted Kolhapuri mutton curry in one of those restaurants and the taste made me feel satisfied.
Though the restaurant was small and not the famous one, I liked the cook and other stuff behaviours are there very good. The cook at the restaurant was an old lady and she was very happy when I compliment her dish and tried to know the recipe. She didn’t hesitate and told me the full recipe. A good cook is not only who cooks well, a good or best cook is who success to teach you the full cooking process within few minutes. And I believe she is a good cook. She just told me the full recipe and process within a few minutes of talking.
IF YOU ARE A VEGETARIAN YOU CAN TRY MY ANOTHER KOLHAPURI VEG DISH LADYFINGER RECIPE TASTIEST EASY VEGAN KETO RECIPE INDIAN WAY WHICH I MADE FROM THE SAME SPICES. TO KNOW THE RECIPE CLICK HERE
Is this Kolhapuri Mutton Dish is so Hot and Spicy?
No, It’s Not. Though the colour of the curry dish would scare many people. But when you taste it you will find it’s mild, not Hot. If you ask me then why its gravy is so thick? then my answer would be yes it is because of the uses of many spices. But the spices used in this curry dish have no Hotness. So the spices of this dish never create any hotness in this curry.
I am sure that you will be happy by its taste and it just edible for everyone from kid’s to older. My kid loves the dish and enjoys it with steamed rice. If my kid can eat this anyone can eat this. So my valuable visitors don’t worry to consume this and forget about the myth that Indian curry dishes are spicy, I am 100 % assure you it will not burn your mouth. You can enjoy this curry dish with your choice of side dish.
Where is Kolhapur?
Kolhapur is a famous Maharashtrian city. This city has many historical stories in past. This a royal city belongs to Royal chattrapati family. This chattrapati family ruled there when India did not get the Independence. There is an interesting story about the name of Kolhapur. From the Indian Mythology, KOLHASUR was a demon who killed by the goddess. But before dying the demon made a wish to the goddess that the place where ever he dies should be named by his name. And because of this after his death, the place named as KOLHASUR. After India got independence the name of the KOLHASUR changes to Kolhapur.
Why this dish named Kolhapuri Mutton curry?
As obvious this dish belongs to Kolhapur so this dish named Kolhapur mutton curry. And not only the mutton dish is famous in Kolhapur. This city is also famous for its vegetarian recipes like Kolhapuri Bhel and Kolhapuri Mishels. Kolhapur also famous for its jaggery and red chilli. Kolhapur is a great city with great historical history and food. Must visit here if you come to India or you are from India. And share the love with the Kolhapuri food cuisine.
This curry dish is not like other curry dishes it’s little dry in texture so select any preferable side dish with it as per your choice.
IF YOU LIKE OUR BLOG YOU CAN FOLLOW THE BLOG ON SOCIAL MEDIA Facebook, Google+. Instagram, Twitter
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 500 Grams Lamb or Indian Mutton
- 1 Big Onion sliced
- 1 Big Tomato chopped
- 4 Tsp Kolhapuri curry paste
- 1 Tsp Ground Turmeric powder
- 2 Tsp chopped garlic
- 2 Tsp Coconut oil
- 1 TSp Salt
- TO MAKE THE KOLHAPURI CURRY PASTE FOR 500 GRAMS OF MUTTON /LAMB OR GOAT MEAT
- 4 Tsp Fresh desicated coconut flakes or you can use dry desicated coconut
- 1/2 Tsp/4.2 grams Whole black peppercorn
- 1/2 Tsp/4.2 grams Cumin seeds Whole
- 1/2 Tsp/4.2 grams Coriander seeds whole
- 1/2 Tsp/4.2 grams Star anise whole
- 1/2 Tsp/4.2 grams Seeseme seeds
- 1/2 Tsp/4.2 grams Cloves
- 1/2 Inch long/4.2 grams Cassia bark or cinnamon stick
- 1 Any dry sweet red chilli deseeded
- 1 Dry or fresh Bay leaf
- Take a frying pan, make the pan hot.
- Put all the curry ingredients into the hot frying pan and dry roast them for 2 minutes in very high flame and immediately after 2 minutes blend then in a blender with a little bit of water
- Now take a cooking pot. Put 2 tsp coconut oil in the Cooking pot. Make the oven flame slow otherwise the oil will burn. now add mutton meat to the pot and sear all the pieces and after 2 -3 minutes keep the sear meat aside.
- When the searing process did add the sliced the onions in the pan and fry for 3 minutes over the medium heat.
- Now after 3 minutes add chopped tomatoes and chopped garlic to the frying pan and fry for 2 minutes now add salt 4 tsp curry paste and ground turmeric to the pan and fry for another 4 minutes.
- Now add the seared mutton to the pan and mix all the ingredients with mutton pieces very well.
- Now cover the pot with a lid and low the gas flame as much as you can for slow cooking. Now cook the mutton or goat meat for 45 to 55 minutes or until the mutton cooked perfectly.
- When the mutton cooked enjoy the dish with roti chapati or any rice dish.
To Know about The Recipe for
Oriya Mutton Curry Recipe Must try Easy Unique Mutton Curry Dish
My valuable visitors, you can follow my website recipes and updates also on many social networks like Facebook, Google+. Instagram, Twitter