This is my ultimate Curry Pumpkin Recipe. It is an easy and very healthy curry dish. It’s not a vegan or vegetarian recipe but if you want to make the same recipe without shrimp you can do it. In that case, you can use sweet potatoes along with pumpkin which also tastes nice. This is my mom’s recipe and I like it on the way it is originally, no doubt about it.
I remember my mom used to cook this dish on hot summer days and she served the dish with red lentils/Dal and with rice. Also, I remember when I was a kid, I liked dal much and love to eat the dish with only steamed rice. I find It tastes very good with dal and rice.
THE MOST IMPORTANT INGREDIENT OF THE RECIPE IS ‘PANCHPHORON’ A BENGALI 5 SPICE MIX.
TO KNOW THE RECIPE OF BENGALI 5 SPICE PANCHPHORON CLICK HERE
Is this Curry Pumpkin Recipe is healthy?
Of course, it’s so healthy because you just have to use 1 tsp oil not more or not less.1 Tsp oil is enough to make this curry dish. I know some are don’t like the raw smell of shrimp in the curry dish. Even I don’t like the raw smell of fish so I always air-fry them before cooking with just 1 tsp oil. If I use 500 grams of cleaned shrimps then I use 1 tsp but if I use 1 kg of cleaned shrimps then I use 2 Tsp oil to air fry it. Just preheat the air frier for 10 minutes in 180 degrees. Then air fries the shrimps for 10 minutes. When you air-fry the shrimps some waters from the shrimp will extract and will be stored in the lower container of the air frier. My recommendation is please do not throw the shrimp water. All the shrimp flavours you can get from it. Because of its cooking process, I consider the dish as healthy. You may be thinking where was the air frier in my mom’s time. It’s true. When I was a kid my mom used to shallow fried or sometimes boil the shrimps to cook the shrimps. This dish is healthy all the time even now or then.
Why should you always use fresh shrimps not frozen?
When I go to supermarkets I always find frozen shrimps at a lower rate than the fresh one. But I always select the fresh shrimps for cooking. After cooking, tastes of frozen shrimps are so bad, frankly said. Cooked frozen shrimps have no taste and it’s chewy and likes rubber. And really we don’t know how old are the shrimps are exactly. I don’t believe in the packaging dates of fish and meats. And my kid’s doctor strictly told me to never ever cook dishes with frozen ingredients speciality meat and fish and do not give the dish to eat your kids. It’s really bad for their health and immunity. So I recommend you also to do the same.
What can you use Substitute of Pumpkin?
You can use summer squash or sweet potato for the recipe as an alternative to sweet pumpkin. Or you can use any vegetables of texture near like pumpkin.
IF YOU LIKE OUR BLOG YOU CAN FOLLOW THE BLOG ON SOCIAL MEDIA Facebook, Google+. Instagram, Twitter
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 500 Grams Peeled fresh Shrimp DEvained and cleaned
- 2 Cups of Diced pumpkin / Squash
- 1 Tsp Chilli flecks
- 1 Tsp Any vegetable oil you like
- 1 Tsp Blengali whole 5 spice Panchphoron
- TO KNOW THE PANCHPHON SPICE RECIPE MUST CLICK ON THE LINK I SHARE ON THE CONNTENT CLICK ON THE RECIPE LINK
- 1 Tsp Ground Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Sweet NON Smoked Paprika Powder Or KAshmiri red chilli powder which is not hot.
- 1 Tsp Salt Or salt as per your taste
- 2 Cups of Boiling Hot water
- 1/3 Cup of Cococnut milk do not use coconut cream.or you can thin the coconut cream with water to make coconut milk
- 1/2 Tsp/4.2 grams Cinnamon stick or Cassia bark Ground
- 1/2 Tsp/4.2 grams Ground Green Cardamoms
- At first, cooked the shrimps on Air frier or boiled the shrimp. How I air frier all the shrimps and I used them to "READ THE CONTENT I SHARE ON THE TOP".
- Now take a frying pan.make the pan hot in a medium flame. Now put 1 Tsp of oil into it and make it hot too.
- When the oil is hot. Add chilli flacks and Bengali whole 5 spice into the hot oil. Once the spices start exploring quickly add the raw diced pumpkins into it.
- Now low the oven flame and put turmeric powder, sweet paprika powder and salt into it.
- Mix all the spices well with the pumpkins and add water to the pan and cover the pan with a lid for 10 minutes and cook it over the very low flame.
- After 10 minutes open the lid add pre-cooked shrimps and coconut milk to the frying pan. Mix well all the ingredients in the frying pan. If you feel curry looks so dry you can add some water to it.again open the lid for 5 minutes for over the same low heat.
- Just after 5 minutes turn f the flame add the cinnamon and cardamom powder to the curry mix well and the dish is now ready to serve. Serve the dish like I serve with hot steamed rice. Or you can eat the dish in your own way. I am sure you will like this curry taste.
To Know about The Recipe for
Bengali Daab chingri/Tender coconut with Shrimp Recipe
My valuable visitors, you can follow my website recipes and updates also on many social networks like Facebook, Google+. Instagram, Twitter
IF YOU LIKE THIS PUMPKIN RECIPE SHARE IT ON SOCIAL MEDIA OR YOU CAN SHARE YOUR VALUABLE COMMENTS IN THE COMMENT BOX