spanish chicken paella recipe is a Rice Dish. This recipe comes from Spain and belongs to the europian country. This is the recipe which represents the Spanish community. The recipe is extremely popular all over the world.
There are many variations in Spanish paella recipe like veg paella and seafood or chicken paella. This rice dish is healthy. It’s a one meal dish. So you don’t need any side dish with it.
Why am I making this Spanish chicken paella recipe with Seafood?
I like the seafood very much. So today I will make this rice dish with chicken and my choice of seafood. The saffron and Combinations of different seafood ingredients with the rice make the differences in tastes in paella variations. I used local mud crabs, local fresh shrimps and fresh squids in my Spanish paella recipe along with the fresh chicken. Fresh ingredients always taste better than frozen as we all know. The same theory is applicable to this recipe also. As much as you use fresh ingredients your paella will taste as good. Those who do not like the combination of crabs with chicken and shrimp, they can use two or one of them as per their choice. You must use real saffron strings to get authentic flavor from the dish as I did. I believe a good quality saffron always need for a great taste Spanish paella.
I used the chicken pieces with the bone so that all the flavors of chicken bone can absorb easily into the Rice and tastes great. As I was making the dish the first time I wasn’t sure whether it will taste good or not. But when my family liked it, I decided to share the recipe with you all.
This wonderful Easy and quick Rice recipe is a one-pot meal Recipe. So must try this in your Kitchen with your choice of seafood and meats for any busy day or in any small get-together for your near ones.
Have any Recipe Request. Or any suggestion Please let me know in the comment box.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 Cup Arborio risotto or Basmati rice if Spanish bomba rice is not available
- 500 Grams Chicken with bone
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Large Red bell pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 Big Spanish onion chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh green peas
- 5 Big Shrimp
- 1 Big Calamari rings
- 2 Big Crab
- 5 Big Garlic cloves crushed
- 1 Cup Tomato puree
- 1/2 Cup Parsley chopped
- 2 pinch Saffron with hot water
- 1 Tbsp Sweet Paprika powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Pinch Sugar
- 5 Cup Hot Chicken stock
- 1/2 Cup White wine
- Place an iron skillet on gas flame…
- Put olive oil on it and heat the oil
- Add the Chicken pieces first and sauté well on high flame for 2 minutes to sear the juices of all the chicken pieces.
- After sauté take out all the chicken pieces and keep them in a separate bowl.
- Now add chopped onion, red bell pepper, crushed garlic into the frying pan and fry for 2 mins.
- Then add the sweet Paprika powder to it and mix all the ingredients very well and fry for 2 sec.
- Then add Tomato puree and fry well until the raw smell of tomato goes.
- Now add washed rice and 3cup chicken stock, 1/2cup white wine into the pan and mix all the things very well.
- Now add Fresh green peas and seafood into the cooking pan.
- Mix all the ingredients with rice very well and now cover the iron skillet with a lid for 10 mins.
- In this stage, the gas flame should be very low.
- After 10 mins if the rice looks slightly translucent add rest of the chicken stock water and the saffron water into it.
- Mix all the things well, now place all the deseeded and sliced Red bell pepper in the top of the rice and then cover the pan for another 10 mins or until the rice cooked properly. (Just before 10 mins check the rice if the rice is cooked properly just off the gas flame before the 10 mins done)
- After 10 mins uncover the iron skillet or pan and garnish this wonderful rice dish with chopped Parsley and serve hot and enjoy this aromatic seafood rice dish with friends and family
To Know about The Recipe for
Sauteed Garlic Shrimp Recipe
My valuable visitors, you can follow my website recipes and updates also on many social networks like Facebook, Google+. Instagram, Tumblr
DO YOU LIKE THIS PAELLA RECIPE FROM SPAIN? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT BOX