Today I am sharing a healthy easy flatbread recipe which I made to eat an Ethiopian dish, Doro Wat. After I ate the injera bread with Doro Wat I understood why Ethiopians like this two food combination. Both foods complement each other’s tastes so beautifully. As I am an Indian my food habit is also similar to Africans because of this I liked this two recipes. But if you not a spicy food lover you can eat this flatbread with any mild flavor curried dish. I tasted this bread with a potato curry and it tastes equally good with the veg curry.
What is Injera?
Injera is an Ethiopian flatbread. This flatbread traditionally is made with teff seeds flour. Teff seeds are very rich in Iron and usually used in Ethiopian cuisine. Teff seeds are so expensive that it rarely used in Ethiopian cuisine. Though this teff seed flour is expensive, it is the main ingredient of Injera. As I told before it’s expensive so some Ethiopian decided to find an alternative flour to make injera. And they tried with whole wheat, barley, corn and rice flour and they got success.
And from that time onwards the common Ethiopians are making injera without teff seed flour. I also made this injera without teff seed flour. Because it is impossible to find in India. My injera recipe is inexpensive and easy to make. Just you need some patience while making this. If you need a perfect injera without any disaster you need to be quiet. And not to forget to ferment the mixed flour mixture a day before you make this bread.
How easy to make the Injera Bread at Home?
This is really a healthy recipe because when you will make it you don’t have to use any oil to fry it. It’s a Frech crape like bread or can say it’s like Indian Tawa Dosha which is crispy in texture. If you add oil to fry this flat bred it will stick with the pan bottom and will not come out smoothly. I faced this problem when I tried to make the recipe. I used a drop of oil and thought that the bread will come out very smoothly because of the oil. But it went wrong and first two bread was thrown because of my wrong decision. I always recommend to everyone to never use oil to fry it. And I recommended this recipe to make it yourself at home. Because it is really healthy bread and good in taste too.
YOU MAY LIKE Ethiopian Traditional Food Doro Wat Easy Chicken Stew Recipe CLICK HERE TO KNOW THE RECIPE
If you have any recipe request contact us on the comment blog or in the contact us page.
OR YOU CAN FOLLOW US ON Facebook, Google+. Instagram, Twitter
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 Cups of Allperpose flour
- 1/2 Cups of Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 Cups of Corn meal/ Yellow pure flour of corn DEo not use corn flour
- 1 Tsp Activeted dry yeast
- 2 Cups of Normal temperature water
- Take a big mixing bowl.
- Pour all the flour into the bowl and mix with water with the help of your hand.
- Mix all the ingredients very well. Make a thick batter and make sure there are no lumps in the flour batter.
- Now cover the bowl with a lid and refrigerate the bowl for 24 hours before making the injera well...In this 24 hours, the mixture will be fermented well and taste good after cooking.
- After 24hours remove the bowl from the regulator at least 30 minutes before you start injera bread making. It is very important to batter temperature should be normal, not cool.
- When you feel the Mixture temperature is normal. Mix the batter gain with the help of a spatula and again make sure there have no lumps. If lump has removed the lumps.
- I know the batter will be so thick after refrigerating and will hard to blend with the hand. So I will recommend you to blend the batter with 1 cups of normal water in a blender and blend until it looks smooth and Looks like crape batter like consistency.
- After the blending process is done. Take a flat frying pan.make the pan very hot.
- Now take a 1 coffee cup and fill the 1/2 of the coffee cup with the batter and pour into the flat frying pan. If you want thin injera bread then take 12 cups of batter or if you want thick injera bread to take 1 cup batter.
- Move the pan right way so that the batter spread evenly. Must cover the lid after all done and leaf the pan in low flame for 5 minutes. Now I repeat again not to use any spatula to flip the bread fast.
- Now after 5 minutes open the lid and wait for another 5 seconds then replace the bread with help of a spatula. But never ever add any oil in the making of this otherwise same disaster will happen which I did.
To Know about The Recipe for
Chettinad Chicken curry Indian
My valuable visitors, you can follow my website recipes and updates also on many social networks like Facebook, Google+. Instagram,
DO YOU LIKE THIS INJERA BREAD RECIPE? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT BOX