Goan Fish Curry Paste make yourself at home. I will share with you the recipe to make this curry paste step by step. This Goan curry paste is a typical spice blend used in Goan fish curry. It’s basically a spice blend of different spices which makes the Goan fish curry unique. This yellow curry paste is a must in the kitchen. This is very easy to make this paste at home and easy to store at the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
The Basic Ingredients of this Goan fish curry paste?
All the spices used in this curry paste are very common and easily available in the market.
But one key ingredient is dry coconut meat which is not a spice but used with the rest of the spice and it gives a sweetness to the dish and produces a thick base for the gravy. This is how the curry paste is different from other spice blend used across the coastal region of India.
The natives use fresh ingredients like coconut meat, Tamarind and other spices for the paste. But you can use the dry coconut meat also as I did. Goa is famous for its spice gardens and produces some basic spices important in Indian cuisine. Most importantly you can store this paste if there is any excess for the next use. Another point to be remembered that whenever you make
this curry paste please ensure that the paste must be smooth and thick in consistency.
How useful this Indian fish curry paste?
This fish curry paste is not overly spicy. Even kids can eat fish curry made with this curry paste. And you can make any fish with this curry paste. You can use any sea water fish for this recipe like snapper, Barramundi or any white firm fish fillets with this curry paste. So I can say this one fish curry paste is very useful to make so many different fishes. And you must have this homemade easy fish curry paste in your Refrigerator.
I am showing all the spice ingredients through pictures here so that each and every spice are easily understandable what spices I actually I used to make this Fish Curry Paste.
If You have any Recipe Request Or any suggestion Please let me know in the comment box.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1-2 Whole Dry Red Chillis
- 1 Tsp Black Peppercorns
- 2 Tsp Grated coconut fresh or frozen
- 2 Whole Star anise
- 1 Inch long Cassia bark or cinnamon stick
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander seeds
- 3 Pods Green Cardamoms
- Take a frying pan.
- Make the pan hot enough on the low gas flame.
- Now put Dry Red Chillies, Black Peppercorns, Grated coconut, Star anise, Cassia bark or cinnamon stick, Coriander seeds, Green Cardamoms into the pan.
- Dry roast all the spices for 2-3 mins in low gas flame.
- Just after 2-3 mins put all the Ingredients in a blender jar and blend all the ingredients with the help of some cold water until all the ingredients turn into a paste-like consistency.
- Take mortar and pestle and make red curry paste with the help of some cold water in mortar and pestle.
- After making a paste your Goan Fish Curry Paste is ready to use for the Goan style yellow Fish curry.
To know the recipe for
Goan style yellow Fish curry
My valuable visitors, you can follow my website recipes and updates also on many social networks like Facebook, Google+. Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter
DO YOU LIKE THIS GOAN FISH CURRY PASTE RECIPE? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT BOX