Fish curry with Pomfret/Paplet fish tastes Delicious and mouth-watering. Uses of minimum Indian spices is enough to make a great taste curry dish with fish. Eating fish common in India. Most of the Indian non-vegetarian eaters More or less Eat Sweet and saltwater fish both. The Indian state of Maharashtra, Kerala are more salt water or sea fish rather than sweet water fish. And the other states of India like Bengal and Telangana use to have sweet water fish Because many sweet water Rivards are there.
What Kind of fish is Perfect for this kind of Fish Curry “Sweetwater Fish” or “Saltwater Fish”?
Actually, there has no particular guideline for what kind of fish you must use. It depends what fish are available to you to make this curry. Uses of coconut milk quantity in this curry you must change if you want to use any sweet water fish for this cUrry.Cause sweetwater fish is itself is so tender and sweet. So if you use the quantity of the coconut milk like saltwater curry fish one. Then the delicious flavour and natural sweetness will be totally destroyed by coconut Milk.
I used Pomfret Fish for this curry. Pomfret is a Sea fish or Saltwater Fish. This dish is commonly available in Almost every Indian Fishmarket. And the best part is it’s Inexpensive. You don’t have to buy expensive fish fillets or pieces to make a great taste of Indian curry fish. You just need sufficient quantity of fresh Indian spices to make a great taste Curry with fish. I will recommend using always use with bone Fish pieces. Cause bone of fish also adds a flavour to the curry.
Why am I making this Recipe?
Currently, I am living in Mumbai, Maharashtra. .Though are Non-vegetarian. Most of Maharashtrian is Vegetarian. but Non-vegetarian Maharashtrians are eating Chicken and mutton ( Indian Goat meat ) more than Fish. And here sea fish are available In every ware because Maharashtra has a huge coastal area. With called “Konkan”. People of the Konkan is Kown as “Konkani”. And not only that Konkani peoples have there owned Comunity, culture and TRaditions and even Food culture. This Recipe is truly related to this community food culture.
I this recipe first ina Typical Maharashtrian restaurant. I don’t know much about Konkani food culture. What I only I Know this recipe is a Konkani fish recipe. One Regula customer of the restaurant told me This a Konkani dish and the leady is also belongs from Konkan area. Nowadays she is working here in Mumbai.
I tried hard o find an actual authentic way to make this curry. But I never got. Then I decided to try this recipe with local Maharashtrian spices and make it in my own way. I failed so many times To get the Perfect taste. But after so many attempts, I got the exact flavour of the dish what I got in that Maharashtrian restaurant. And also I make the special curry powder for this curry only. Please see down below in the recipe box to know the Curry powder for the recipe. As I am satisfied with this invention I decided to share this recipe with you all. That Maharashtrian Resturant use Pomfret seawater fish. So I use the same to get the same taste.
If You have any Recipe Request Or any suggestion Please let me know in the comment box. Your feedback is valuable to me. So please give me your valuable comments in the comment box below.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 pieces Fish Make sure there has no fish scale on the fish and should be cleaned
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Root past
- 5 clove GarlicPaste
- 1 Large Tomato paste Peeled and Deseeded
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Red chilli powder Sweet paprika Powder
- 1 Tbsp Maharashtrian Fish masala powder
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro Leaf finely chopped coriander Leaf
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Pinch Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Mustard Oil or any Oil of your choice
- Rub all the fish pieces with ½ Tsp. salt and ½ Tsp. Turmeric powder and 1Tesp oil before fry.
- Take a wok/Kadai.
- Put it on the gas a flame to make the pan hot enough.
- Now put oil into the hot pan and heat the oil for 2sec.
- When the oil is Hot enough Put all the Fishes into it and fry it both side.
- After fry, all the fish pieces take out all the Fried fish from the oil
- Add Onion Chopped and fry until onions turn soft and translucent.
- Then add Tomato paste and fry well until the raw smell of tomato goes.
- Now add Ginger Root paste, Garlic clove Paste, Turmeric powder, Red chilli powder (Sweet paprika Powder), Maharashtrian Fish masala, Salt, Sugar.
- Cook all the spices for 4 minutes or till oil starts separate from the spices.
- Now Add Fish and mix all the spices with Fish
- Then add hot water and covered the wok/Kadai with a lid for 5 Minutes.
- After 5 minutes uncover the Wok/Kadai and add Lemon Juice and turn off the gas.
- Garnish this Fish Curry with Fresh finely chopped Cilantro Leaf (coriander Leaf)
- Now Pomfret Fish Masala Curry (Maharashtrian Style) is ready to serve.
- Serve this Dish with Steamed White Rice.
Maharashtrian Fish masala powder For this Recipe-Dry roast All the spices (Black peppercorns 1/2tesp, Deseeded Red chili 1, Mustard seed 1/2 Tsp., Cumin seeds 1/2 Tsp.) and ground in a Spice Grinder until all the spices turn into powder texture. Now Maharashtrian Fish masala powder is ready for use.
To know the recipe for
Goan style yellow Fish curry
My valuable visitors, you can follow my website recipes and updates also on many social networks like Facebook, Google+. Instagram, Twitter
DO YOU LIKE THIS FISH CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK POMFRET FISH INDIAN WAY RECIPE? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT BOX