The Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe is a pretty much common dish in almost every German restaurants with
their own version. It ‘s very delicious and totally healthy comfort food. It is healthier than Food what we cooked each day. Golabki or cabbage rolls recipe is very easy to make. This recipe belongs to central Europe cuisine.
This cabbage rolls recipe is like a satisfying comfort food for polish people. Golobaki is made from steamed or boiled cabbage leaves wrapped with the filling of meat mince and rice. In this recipe, I am using pork meat you can use any meat of your choice. Usually, this dish serves with sour cream or with tomato sauce over the top of Golabki.
This dish is not spicy, so anyone can eat this. The good thing about this dish is, you don’t need to use much oil for the recipe. This is a complete meal food. But you can eat this as an appetizer or snack also. It’s a healthy recipe for everyone. This dish is a good option for protein dieters or for ketogenic diet followers.
Why I cooked this Cabbage rolls recipe?
I wanted to prepare this dish with variety in texture and flavour to make it mouthwatering. Therefore once you start to eat, nothing will be left, on the plate. Hence I decided to uplift the flavour of the filling. This process includes the caramelizing the fillers and adding mushrooms to the filling. It is very important to make cabbage transparently tender. For this, I braised the cabbage rolls in the oven which not only renders the cabbage transparently tender but also softens the meat due to the long cooking time. Also to be noted that there must be something in the filling which absorbs the flavours of the sauce and meat perfectly. Hence I used cooked rice. You can make the braising liquid more flavourful by adding chicken stock and tomato ketchup with some black pepper and red paprika powder
It is also necessary to keep the cabbage leaves in boiling water at least for 10 minutes to get them partially cooked. Thereafter drain the water and filled them the cabbage leaves with meat, rice, onion and sauteed mushroom. Now properly rolled them up and placed them in a steamer. I coated them in a sweet and tangy tomato ketchup. I greatly prefer to eat properly backed or fried cabbage dish Rather than boiled cabbage or raw cabbage. My Stuffed Cabbage Rolls recipe is Authentic and It’s tasty.
Though cabbage rolls are very tasty once you take it fresh out of the oven but it is even better for the next day. But I suggest to consume it on the same day to enjoy the freshness of the dish.
If You have any Recipe Request Or any suggestion Please let me know in the comment box.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 800 Grams Pork Meat Mice Or any meat your choice
- 1 Cup Chopped onions
- 3 Coloves Finely chopped Garlic
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Any Rice Of your choice
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 Cup Fresh Tomato Puree
- 1 Tsp Black pepper crushed
- 2 Pinch Sugar
- 1 and 1/2 Tsp Salt or salt as per your taste
- 1 Tsp Oil/Butter
- 1 Kg Size Cabbage
- 1/2 cup Chicken stock
- Take a big soup pot and boil water in it.
- Once the boil start put all the Cabbage leaves into it or You can Just remove the cabbage core from the cabbage and put the whole cabbage into the boiling water . Boil or steam all cabbage rolls for 3-4 mins only the remove those from the heat to cool.
- Take a frying pan.
- Make the pan heat enough.
- Put 1 Tsp oil or butter to the pre heated frying pan.
- Put chopped onion first into the frying pan. Sautee the onions for 2 minutes.Then add chopped garlic and mushrooms into it.
- Sautee all the ingredients for 2-3 mins over the medium heat.
- Turn of the heat and make the mixture cool enough to make cabbage rolls.
- When all the cabbage leaves and fillings are cool then start the filling.
- In this stage take a big bowl.
- Put pork mince,chopped parsley,Rice,Crushed black pepper,tomato puree,sugar and salt
- Mix all the things very well ,now add sauteed onion,garlic and mushrooms into the bowl.Mix well
- Now filling for cabbage rolls is ready.
- Just then Put 2 Tsp fillings into a cabbage leave and roll cabbage leave around meat mince.
- Do the same process with every cabbage leaves to make the rolls.
- Now you can steam all the Cabbage rolls into a steamer 5 pieces at a time for 45mins with some chicken stock as I did or you can use just water.
- If you don't and to make cabbage rolls in a steamer then you can lay all cabbage rolls into a tray and cover the tray with a aluminium foil and put a preheated oven for 1 hour in 160 degree.
- After 1 hour Golabki or Cabbage rolls will be ready to serve.
- Serve this dish with tomato sauce or sour cream.
If you don't like the steamed flavour of cabbage leaves you can sautee all the cabbage leaves in Butter and then serve this dish with some brownly butter sauteed chopped onions. This fried vision of Golabki/Cabbage Rolls also tastes wonderful.
To Know about The Recipe for
Sambusa Recipe with Tuna Fish CLICK HERE
My valuable visitors, you can follow my website recipes and updates also on many social networks like Facebook, Google+. Instagram,
DO YOU LIKE THIS GOLABKI/CABBAGE ROLLS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT BOX