We all know that to make a perfect dish we need some perfect spices for the recipe. The same thing is applicable to all Indian veg or non-veg recipes. Every Indian recipe has it’s own special spice blends. This spice blend is called”GARAM MASALA” in India. I made an Oriya mutton curry last few days back and I promised then that I will share with you the secret of its special garam masala powder. Now the time has come and I am going to share The actual Garam Masala Ingredients Quantity you must need to make this flavourful Oriya mutton curry.
WANT TO KNOW THE SPECIAL NANA DHABA STYLE ORIYA MUTTON CURRY RECIPE? CLICK HERE
Maybe some of you are thinking that the ingredient will be expensive and unfindable. But believe me When you Read the full recipe you would be surprised by the fact that all the ingredients are already in your kitchen or at a store which is footsteps away from your home. I believe this spice blend is not used for this Oriya mutton curry only. You can use this in various veg curry dishes also. I tried this spice blend in a pumpkin potato vegetable curry. And it enhanced the flavor of both vegetables so beautifully.
Why I make this Special Oriya garam masala Powder at Home?
It’s true that garam masala powder is easily available in India in both forms as a powder or as a whole spice. But if you are looking for any special Oriya Grama masala powder in India, the storekeeper will give you either simple Gramamsala powder or Shahi gram masala powder. But you will never find different regional grama masala powder at just any store. It means if you want to buy any Oriya garam masala powder then you have to move Odisha to buy it. Now think about it…Is it possible to go to the different state just to buy a “Game masala Powder”? Obviously, your answer will be just ‘NO’, right?
As for this reason, I make this wonderful Regional Indian spice blend at my home. And I am fallen in love with the flavor of the spice blend so that I am using this spice blend in too many dishes nowadays. And I decided to share all the recipes where I used this awesome Gram masala powder with you all.
How much garam masala ingredients quantity you need to make this Oriya Gram masala powder?
When I made this first time, my whole garam masala ingredients quantity was wrong. So I made it again. And for the second time, I got the authentic flavor of the spice blend and I was satisfied. Then just after making it, I used it on my Odisha’s hot favorite “NANA DHABA” style mutton curry recipe. As I told before this spice blend you will not get at any Indian store and as we all know without knowing a spice blend ingredients and quantity, no one can make a spice blend, hence I decided to share the recipe. So that you can make your Own Oriya gram masala powder for your Oriya meat curry. I hope the recipe and the ingredient will be easily available to you.
IF YOU DO NOT FIND ANY ONE OF THE INGREDIENTS OF THIS RECIPE LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT BOX I WILL RECOMMEND YOU A SUBSTITUTE OF THAT INGREDIENT SURE.
AND IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE KEEP IN TOUCH AND NEVER FORGET TO JOIN US ON OUR SOCIAL NETWORK Facebook, Google+. Instagram, Twitter
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 25 Grams Panch phoron ( A bengali 5 Spice mix )
- 25 Grams Cloves
- 25 Grams Cassia bark or cinnamon stick
- 25 Grams Small green cardammom
- 25 Grams Big Black Cardammom
- 25 Grams Star aniseed
- 6 Whole Deeseded Dry red chilli
- 1 Tsp Full Black Rock salt
- Take a Frying pan put all the whole spices into it except the black salt.
- Turn on the gas flame and roast all the whole spices for 5 minutes over the medium heat. Constantly shake the pan so that the spices not burn. After 5 minutes when the roasting smells comes from the spices. Turn of the gas.
- Put all the roasted spices into a coffee Grinder and grind until it turns to a powder kind of form now open the lid of the coffee grinder and now add the black sat to it and again grind the whole thing for few minutes.
- Oce the grinding process has done to store the spices in an airtight glass container.
- The spice blend will stay fresh in the glass container at least for 1 month without store it in a refrigerator
What to get the authentic Oriya Flavour or want a Black color Flavourful Gram Masala?
Must use Black Rock salt to make the Oriya gram masala powder different from other garam masalas.
Never ever roast Black rock salt. It will never taste good and will destroy the spice blend flavor totally.
To Know about The Recipe for
Berbere Recipe Ethiopian Spice Blend Easy and Authentic Recipe