This is not just a normal shrimp in skewers recipe. It’s an Easy grilled shrimp skewers recipe with simple Turkish Spices. I made the dish with simple Turkish spices which create magic in the taste of the dish. I got this recipe from a paper cutting. When I made the recipe I found it just perfectly Fine in taste. Though I never went to Turkey. But I knew the Turkish spice flavors. Because I told many times in my post that I was in a Middle Eastern country for a long time. By virtue, I tried there authentic Turkish food restaurants and I made Turkish recipes at home also as I found Turkish or Any Middle Eastern spices common in a local spice or grocery shops.
What are the best ways to cook frozen shrimp in your grill?
If you are using Frozen shrimps, then my recommendation is always defrosted the frozen shrimps naturally. Never put shrimps to microwave to defrost. It will not create any magic in taste. But I am sure it will totally destroy the flavors of shrimps. Always better to use fresh fish, Meat, and seafood but it never possible all the time I knew it. I personally don’t like frozen shrimps for cooking. Because I find Frozen shrimps tastes Rubbery and tasteless after cooking. Frozen shrimps never absorb the flavors of marination. I don’t know why!!! And I want more suggestion to give you that If you are using Frozen shrimps for any recipe just defrost them naturally and then marinate the shrimps for at least 24 Hours before cooking. Otherwise, you will never get any flavors or tastes from the shrimps I am sure.
What should you serve with This Easy Grilled shrimp skewers Recipe?
It is better to serve any sauce or Salads with Grilled Shrimps. This is a Middle Eastern recipe to serve the dish with my favorite simple but delicious Salad which called “Tabbouleh“. I love to eat the grilled shrimps, with some lemon juice wrapped in a “kuboose bread“. Kuboose is a Middle Eastern flat whole wheat bread, Just like Indian roti but not like a nun Roti. All the Tastes mix perfectly with Kuboose and compliments each other’s flavors. You must try this food combination once. I will reveal the recipe of Authentic Kuboose and Tabbouleh recipe one day sure. I select Tabbouleh salad and Kuboose bread because I saw many times Turkish restaurants serve this salad and this bread with almost every curry or grilled dishes as a side dish. I will recommend you to do the same when you serve this dish.
But if you are making any grill shrimp dish with other spices then use salad or sauce only which will complement the flavors of the dish.
What Turkish spices did use In this Dish?
All Turkish spices nowadays are common in More or less every Indian grocery stores except Sumac. Sumac is a Middle Eastern Berry. Sometimes it’s available in smoked forms and sometimes in non-smoked forms. I like the flavors both of them. Though this excellent Middle Eastern spice is not easily available in Local Indian shops, you can find them in leading online stores In India. I saw in the Middle Eastern Country They sold some common Turkish Spices which are…
- Sweet Paprika (Smoked and non-Smoked)
- Dry Oregano
- Dry Mint leaves
- Sumac (Smoked or Non-smoked Sumac)
- Black pepper and White pepper powder
- The most and Must Important Expensive best quality SAFFRON.
- Rose and Blossom water
And they use Sweet fruity flavor juices of lemons in every dishes. Though lemons are not a spice. But I mentioned it because they really use lemons a lot. But note that Middle Eastern countries do not use Limes much in their dishes.
I used some Turkish species listed above. I used Sweet paprika powder, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and sumac powder in my dish along with some crushed ginger juice, Lemon juice, salt and white pepper powder in this easy grilled shrimp skewers recipe. Uses of white pepper powder are common in middle eastern kabab or kabob dishes. Taste of white pepper is different from black pepper. White pepper is mild in flavor but it gives a strong spicy kick just after few seconds of intake. So it is recommended to use this spice carefully if you are not a spicy hot food lover.
My so special viewers If You have any Recipe Request. Or any suggestion Please let me know in the comment box.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- FOR SHRIMP MARRINATION
- 10 or 20 Pieces Fresh shrimps Deveined and cleaned
- 1 Big Fresh Lemon juice
- 1 Inch Grated Ginger Juice
- 1/4 Tsp Sumac Smoked
- 1/4 Tsp White pepper powder
- 1/3 Tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1/3 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- VEGETABLES FOR SKEWERS
- 1 BIg Red bell pepper
- 1 Big Yellow Bell Pepper
- 2 Big Jalapeno pepper cuts in roud
- 4 to 5 small Red Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon juice for each skewers To sprinkle before serving.
- Take a big glass bowl. Put all the ingredients for marination in it except salt.
- Coat all the marination juice with the clean shrimps.
- Put the marinated shrimp Bowls into the refrigerator for at last 20 minutes before cooking.
- In between 20 minutes cut all the bell peppers into diced pieces. Do not cut Cherry tomatoes.
- After 20 minutes remove the marination bowl from the refrigerator and mix salt with the marinated shrimps. And place all the shrimps in skewers along with vegetables as I did.
- Now chard all the Skewers with shrimps into the direct gas oven flame like I did.or you can chard them on the charcoal flame. I find Chard them in Gass flame is much easier and so the shrimps cook fast. It's just fine to grill them on a Gas oven flame. But if you want a very authentic Turkish coal smoked flavours in your Shih kabobs Mut use a bbq griller to grill the shrimps in skewers.
- Once all the Shimp skewers are done Sprinkle dash of lemon juice from the top of the every Skewers and serve the dish with kuboose bread and Tabbouleh salad.
To know the recipe for
Masgouf Restaurant style Iraqi Grilled fish Recipe Easy to Make
My valuable visitors, you can follow my website recipes and updates also on many social networks like Facebook, Google+. Instagram, Twitter
DO YOU LIKE THIS TURKISH EASY GRILLED SHRIMP SKEWERS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT BOX
3 thoughts on “Easy Grilled shrimp skewers Recipe | Shrimp in Skewers Recipe”
Hi dear i create this by my self only…Though I am not professional.but I am trying best to make it always better to best…
I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
Plz respond as I’m looking to construct my own blog and would like to find out
where u got this from. cheers
Hi there would you mind stating which blog platform you’re working with? I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a tough time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique. P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!